Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dr. Phil Needs to Call Out Narcissists and Sociopaths Directly



 Yesterday I watched this show on Dr. Phil, the second video has it, in it's entirety. The show includes a past guest, Andrue who seems to be a very strong young man now in recovery who got taken out of his house for shooting himself in the chest. I saw the first show some time ago and he relayed how he wanted to escape the abuse and misery he was in. He was taken out of the home and reunited with his real father who treats him far better. This is a second show where his parents Minnie and Lon [his stepfather] were allowed to come back and make a plea for their children to be returned to their home.

His siblings were taken out of the abusive home as Andrue relayed to CPS, what abuses were happening from his baby sister being left in a car seat locked behind a closet door, the substance abuse, and beatings. To be frank, these parents were obvious malignant narcissists, both could even be sociopaths especially the stepfather, whose cold eyes glared at Dr. Phil and asserted his authority time and time again. He was evil and cruel. He didn't even pretend to be nice for national TV but one could fathom behind closed doors, he is far worse.

The mother was an obvious malignant narcissist, they could have put her photo in the dictionary above the disorder. In her case, there were definitely some histrionic leanings too but her cold eyes, lack of love and endless excuses and inability to face her sins, all showed the real deal. Now in Dr. Phil's defense, he called her out on lies about her substance abuse, displayed her drunk arrogant and self promoting Twitters, and one video where she showed her dead eyes in even fuller force where every picture of her was of modeling poses for too many minutes. He also challenged the other one and put up evidence that what Andrue had described was true, as the mother, Minnie, was divorcing Lon, the stepfather and father of the younger children put claims of violence and abuse in her divorce papers.

One sickening and self revelatory moment is when Lon claimed he had burned all of Andrue's photos. Minnie's fake tears are disgusting. The show proceeded in a very bad direction. Andrue comes out on stage and his mother Minnie kept up with her excuses and sickening denials of her evil..."I did the best I could!" Dr, Phil and a CPS leader said, they needed to comply with what CPS wanted to get their children back. Andrue said, they should never be moved and were happier where they were at. At one point he seems to be the only one with any sanity stating, "Quit playing the victim!" to his mother.

Dr. Phil and the CPS worker talked about reunification with these rotten parents, and I was livid. What these parents have wrong will never be fixable. They have no hearts and soul and no consciences or love. I kept thinking, "Oh great, now these narcs will get a can of get smart, and do an acting job to fool all the social workers!" It seemed like Dr. Phil was giving them advice to play the system. Andrue looked devastated near the end, he is free due to his age but you could see the fear he had for his siblings in his face as they blathered on about reunification. I found myself thinking, doesn't Dr. Phil know these parents are malignant narcissists? I am not a Dr. Phil supporter and wonder about some of the influences of this show, but their personality disorders were so OBVIOUS!

Maybe legally there are reasons he can't come out and say, "You are malignant narcissists!" Maybe he put on this show to display their bad behaviors to the world in defense of Andrue, I don't know. Something seemed weird. Andrue's heart seemed to be breaking as he said, why do they get all the second chances or something along those lines. He isn't perfect either, I can tell he was impacted by all the abuse, but there is too much outside evidence that he was telling the truth about his abusive parents. I hope that his siblings are protected.

 Dr. Phil was wrong to even couch reunification with narcissistic parents as a possibility. He betrayed Andrue with this talk. He let the mother insult and berate Andrue with nary a word especially when she said to him, "I've apologized to you over and over!" I hope and pray Andrue goes "No contact" with both. In his case, he is fortunate to have a loving bio father. There needs to be some standing up and direct exposure. There needs to be more truth out there about how these kind of people operate. A malignant narcissist and sociopath can never be a decent parent. Leave the children in foster homes where they are thriving. Child protective services should be having seminars on sociopathy and narcissistic personality disorder to educate their workers. Children need protected from them.

Why focus on the parents getting the children back? This sickened me. Sadly Minnie announced she was pregnant by Lon.Maybe she was lying but  I thought, "Poor baby!". I hope Andrue can go have a good life and was glad he was brave enough to stand up after he was taken out of the home on behalf of his siblings. Many agreed with me on the Dr. Phil message boards. To even discuss possible reunification was a betrayal of these children.

27 comments:

  1. For a while the state of Texas wanted to put my mother to death in the electric chair. Not once in the whole time before, during, or after her trial for murder did one single soul inside out family or from without did one person question her abilities as a capable parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Why would he even suggest reconciliation with these vampires?
    I don't have a whole lot of respect for Dr. Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q, that's horrible. No one ever examined parental rights before or after trial? Was she out on bail even "parenting". The idea makes me nauseous. I know things in the 1960s were different but that was brain dead of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helena, yes why would he suggest reconciliation, it was sickening. I think Dr. Phil ignores narcissistic personality disorder and sociopathy to the detriment of his guests. I have seen this before where he is trying to get people to reconcile with full blown toxic narcissists. Maybe the powers that be, want people brainwashed still to follow after the narcs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the problem with this country..............reunification. Some children could NEVER have what a loving foster home provides compared to their biological home. Andrue has a very good head on his shoulders and will go far in life. Too bad he had to deal with the things he has had to endure. I would like to see where this story goes.....and hopefully those three siblings can be raised in a home where LOVE is the first principle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrue passed away 10/26/20. Minny is still in her malignant narcissist delusions.

      Delete
    2. I am curious do you know what he died of? That's early Covid days. It's terrible he's not there to stand up for siblings. Too many scapegoats get serious health problems from all the stress.

      Delete
  6. I knew this man years ago in Sacramento Ca. I did a google search on him because I was telling a friend about this horrible experience I had with him in the early 1980s and was just curious if I'd find him alive or perhaps in prison. I had no knowledge of him being on the Dr. Phil show. Then I came across the show on line. Of course I watched it and I knew it was him. Much older of course and fatter and balder. I can tell you this man is
    evil, he could lie to the devil. He was a con man and drug user then, a liar,
    a cheat and had guns on him then. He was a paranoid coke head.
    I bought a franchise from him to produce fiber glass fender flares. It failed
    of course and he walked off with my life savings. He conned many others and ruined a number of peoples lives. I went to work for him to try to recoup my losses. He was trying to go legit but in the process ruined even more peoples live and I watched him con money out of a bank to expand his business with lies. He was married to another woman . She divorced him of course. He was a pathological liar then and it appears still is. I believe everything that his adopted son accuses him of. This man deserve to be in prison not on television acting like he's innocent. I know I experienced it and saw it. He is evil incarnate now and then and not the cool collected person he so badly portrayed on Dr. Phil. He should never be allowed around children or small animals. I know other things he did but will leave it at this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you. The evil just seeing the guy on the TV leapt off the screen. I wrote this article upset that Dr. Phil would recommend reconciliation with a sociopath. The son needs to run and go NO CONTACT and get professionals to help protect his sister. The other and his wife was evil too. I am sorry you lost your life savings.

      Delete
    2. I know this to be true. Andrue has told me all about it- I was his girlfriend (the one mentioned on the show). Lon has done such things to many, many people. That is his life and "career." It's so weird to actually hear it from one of his victims though. I am so sorry that happened to you. They are horrible. They are a terrible family.

      Delete
  7. I experienced this family who are grifters who go from place to place filing bogus civil law suits they write and file themselves against people they encounter hoping for settlements as most people hire attorneys and eventually the cost is overwhelming and homeowner insurance will often just settle rather than defend. They have plaintiff records in many states.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post. Very well said. I am FUMING after watching a rerun of this show. These kids need to NEVER have contact with these "parents" again. Shame on Dr. Phil for giving them any credit at all. Shame, shame, shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the show angered me too. I couldn't believe he was pushing reconcilation and had steam coming out of my ears.

      Delete
  9. Hi, I think this coupe just exposed themselves more and more for what they truly are. Although Dr Phil made it clear what they needed to do to get the children back, there is just no possibility that either of those people could do what he says-they would need to acknowledge what they have said and done, completely change their attitude, and show insight-those things will almost certainly never happen!

    I hope, in addition, that CPS are ready to remove the newborn infant from the mother as soon as it is born. Thank goodness that young Andrue had the courage and decency to stand up to that pair, and save not only himself, and his siblings, but perhaps some other young person watching the show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. watch episodes dr phil 2016 on : http://drphil2016.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What happened to the daughter "closet baby" ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr. Phil is the greatest scam even unleashed on tv. It is an infomercial. All of the locations he sends guests, he has financial arrangements with. They must purchase and promote his methods. These places have a pipeline in phil mcgraw,and he is directly compensated. So he does not even choose from all treatment options, just the ones who enrich his wallet. He also has no license to practice psychology. He CANNOT LEGALLY DIAGNOSE OR TREAT PEOPLE! But that certainly does not seem to stop his advice. He had an affair with a client and then employed her within the practice. WHILE MARRIED NO LESS! There is zero disclosure about this man. Yes, he has a degree, but no license. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THIS MAN TO PROFESSIONALLY DIAGNOSE OR TREAT ANY CLIENT! And Oprah just set it all up. Means justify the money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder about that place, I forget the name of it, where he sends a lot of guests but they have this claim that they can change people's brains. it sounds a bit woo-woo. I also feel sick inside watching him send kids off to those weird ranches and wilderness camps. I don't know if the ones in question he is connected to ever had any problems but you hear about how bad those places go. I know he has psychologists on the show, but wondered about his own licensure and training. I find a lot of his advice questionable as illustrated in this article.

      https://blog.usejournal.com/the-dark-side-of-dr-phil-c85097f7b645

      Delete
  13. Found this thread looking for an update on the show I watched. Unfortunately Andrue died 10/2020.

    ReplyDelete
  14. https://twitter.com/andruefrank/status/528015186968735744?lang=en

    Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find anything. I am sad to hear that he is deceased if this is true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does anyone know his cause of death? It doesn't say anywhere and it was late 2020. I just wondered if he'd become suicidal again, I'm not trying to be insensitive. So sad to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.virginvalleymortuary.com/obituary/Andrue-Williams :-(

      Delete
    2. You aren't being insensitive - I think many people, including myself, had that same thought cross our minds. He didn't look completely 100% on the 2nd video where he was trying to get his younger siblings in his custody. I'm wondering if he lost the custody battle and then just lost hope for life.

      Delete
  16. So sad https://www.virginvalleymortuary.com/obituary/Andrue-Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding this out makes me very sad. So many losing their lives. I wonder what happened to him. Thanks for sharing it.

      Delete
  17. I’m watching DR Phil and found this thread. As I read more and confirmed that Andrue passed, I’m more concerned for his siblings. I hope and pray they are ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it depressed me too Andrue died, I hope his siblings escaped too.

      Delete