Friday, May 27, 2016

This Cartoon Disturbed Me




I used to watch the Powder Puff girls in the 1990s. I thought they were cute characters though they include some messages in the show I don't think are too good for young people and why did they have to show little girls "twerking". There's some disturbing symbols in this cartoon. Well even the old "devil" character used to creep me out.

  Painbow is a bear that brings a rainbow and brainwashing to Townsville in the new 2016 reboot of the Powder Puff Girls. Everyone gets giddy, happy, "positive" and wants to party.  School lets out, cars crash and society disintegrates. The Powder Puff Girls are mostly immune at first. As everyone's eyeballs fill with rainbows, Painbow the bear comes to brainwash everyone into a rainbow/ almost drug-filled party. The Powder Puff Girls know they have to save the town, but Bubbles and Blossom get brainwashed too pretty fast.

 I felt like I watched a mind control LSD drug trip from hell, even though the surface was "cute". It was Lisa Frank art dialed up 20 times for weirdness and creepiness.  I had weird thoughts seeing this cartoon, with the people going around like "happy zombies",  there's the flying monkeys and the people telling me to pray for malignant narcissists and "be nice to them", and the "be positive" brigade at it with "rainbows" in their eyes. Only Buttercup stands there seeing reality and saves the day punching out Painbow the bear.  The whole acid fueled mess of it all seems creepy. Kids cartoons are getting weirder and weirder, and Powder Puff Girls is nothing compared to the even creepier Uncle Grandpa.

9 comments:

  1. I've taken acid and there is more reality in tripping than in this cartoon. Something about this disturbs me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It disturbs me too. It is like an acid trip. Like total drugged out bliss for all the characters except one. It gave me the willies, big time. It's like Wizard of Oz meets The Dead.

      Delete
  2. I find it more disturbing than "a clock work orange". That movie is violent and glorifies things that shouldn't be glorified, but it puts it in your face and doesn't weave it in to a child's format. I think it's the audience they pander to that makes it disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated that movie, remember seeing it with my husband, I said they glorified brainwashing that guy and he was evil and horrible as a criminal and now does as a brainwashed pod made "decent". Yeah this they sell as being for kids which is even creepier.

      Delete
  3. The voice over for the teacher sounded like Judy Tenuta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And they were going to go get tweaked. Who's going to mind the meth lab?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah it looked like some "molly" thrown in too the drug scene with everyone "so happy". Meth aspects too.

      Delete
  5. Did you notice the teacher had no beard in the beginning before the rainbow;but after the rainbow had a beard.???Hummm..

    ReplyDelete