Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sweet Tea That was Brown Colored Sugar Water

I sometimes get juice from food pantries.

The other day I got this "Sweet Tea" advertising itself as having real sugar, and not high fructose corn syrup which it had detailed on the package from one food pantry.

I decided to have a sip, hoping for something that tasted like tea and followed my usual habit of watering it down to add flavor to my water. Out of curiosity, I took 1 sip of the stuff, and it was so sweet, I was grossed out. I tasted nothing of tea, it was like someone had added 10 cups of sugar to a litre of water and colored it brown. Beggars can't be choosers, but I uncorked that one and poured it down the drain, it had no redeeming value.

It shocks me that they are selling stuff with no flavor except for that of sugar. The food pantries even passed out something called "Bug Juice" which seems to be sold to kids and I don't touch that stuff, it's high fructose corn syrup added to water with dye, according to the ingredients and NOTHING else, and they wonder why so many people are getting sick here?

No comments:

Post a Comment